Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June 6

We've been at our second school, St. Cyprians, for a couple of days. The kids are slowly coming around to us. The students are used to having the teacher ask a question and they all repeat the same answer. It's a little robotic. So here comes this white girl (they don't see whites very often) trying to get them to think for themselves. :) It's been great. I think they really enjoyed my lesson today on Solids, Liquids, and Gasses. They even sang my song!!
Tomorrow we are interviewing the parents of the student we have chosen to interview. I asked my teacher if any of the parents spoke English because it would be a lot easier to talk to them without translation. My little girl's name is Dorcas and she wants to become a doctor. She is very smart and soft spoken.
Tonight at our guest house the ladies in the kitchen taught us how to cook red-reds and plantains. I didn't care to much about learning how to make red-reds but I was very excited about plantains. It was very easy so hopefully I will get a chance to make them at home. The only difference they use palm oil to cook in.

No comments:

Post a Comment