Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted. I made a cute slide show but it is not wanting to load up on here. We are now in Cape Coast and teaching at our first school. Everything so far has been great except that it is really hot for me. My body has not adjusted to the weather and I have been getting really bad heat headaches. Today (6/23) I actually stayed back at our guest house so that I could rest. When everyone came back they said I had color back in my face so hopefully a little rest did what I needed it to.
Our first day of teaching was yesterday, 6/22. We really had a great time. I am in 5th grade but it is like teaching 3rd grade. My partner Chastity and I reviewed with them about verbs and states of matter. We taught them a song and I think they really liked it. Our teacher Jonah (said June-A) is great. He sang along with us during the song. :)
I made a friend named Daniel. He is in the kindergarten class. His face is just too cute. I made another friend, Dominic. Today when I was not at school he asked Jessica where I was because he was searching for me.
I've been able to Skpye with my Mom and Dad so that has been good. Today we have officially been gone one week. I do miss home, but I am enjoying my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment